Where Fulton County encompasses 90% of the City of Atlanta, Dekalb County covers the other 10%. It trails only Fulton and Gwinnett County in population. Dekalb County is bordered to the north by Gwinnett County, to the south by Henry County, to the west by Fulton County, and to the east by Rockdale County. Other than the part of Atlanta, other cities within Dekalb County are Avondale Estates, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Clarkston, Decatur, Doraville, Dunwoody, Lithonia, Pine Lake, Stone Mountain. The State and Superior Courts are located in downtown Decatur. Since being incorporated, Dunwoody and Brookhaven have become the largest cities in Dekalb County. Although these cities and municipalities have their own police force, the Dekalb County Police force has over 1000 sworn officers.

These municipalities have their own municipal courts that prosecute speeding tickets and other traffic violations, DUI and other alcohol involved offenses, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, shoplifting, disorderly conduct, and simple battery charges. By far, however, the greatest number of these offenses are heard in the Dekalb County Recorders Court, located at 3630 Camp Circle, Decatur Georgia next to the Dekalb County Jail.

I can help you in Dekalb County

I have extensive experience representing clients in Dekalb County and routinely guide people through the criminal process in the State Court, Superior Court, and the Municipal/Traffic Courts throughout Dekalb County. People ask me all the time whether or not they need an attorney if they are charged with what they think is a minor offense. It is my opinion that no one should face criminal prosecution for anything by themselves.

On too many occasions I have spoken to someone who paid their fine on a citation, or I have been in court and witnessed someone representing themselves and pleading guilty or nolo contendre to their charges unnecessarily without the advice of an attorney and without understanding the consequences. I have seen people suffer fines that were too high, lengthy probations, jail time, points on their driver’s license or worse, license suspensions, and criminal records all because they did not first seek the advice or representation of a lawyer who knows the workings of the Dekalb County criminal justice system.

I frequently appear in courts within Dekalb County with clients charged with offenses ranging from shoplifting and other theft offenses, DUI and other alcohol related crimes, traffic offenses, marijuana and other drug related offenses, battery and domestic violence charges, and for failing to appear in court for prior court dates. I have trusting, valuable relationships with prosecutors which allow me to successfully negotiate reductions and dismissals of charges, lessening fines, keeping points off of driver’s licenses and preventing them from being suspended, and helping my clients take advantage of pre-trial intervention and diversion programs.

Don’t wait to call me

If you or someone you know have been arrested or received a citation in the Dekalb County and are facing prosecution in the Dekalb County Recorders Court, one of the many municipal courts in the cities within Dekalb County, or the Dekalb County State and Superior Court, call me now (404) 561-0411 for a free consultation. We will talk about the nature of your charges, where they originated, whether this is your first offense, and what your options are.

Communities Served

Hirsch Criminal Defense serves people charged with crimes in Atlanta and the surrounding metropolitan area...

Contact Us for a Free Consultation

Fill out the contact form or call us at (678) 561-0411 or (888) 547-0323 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message